Mon, Aug 14|
Fly Compton Basic Ground Instructors Course
The Basic Ground Instructors (BGI) course is designed to provide aspiring aviation educators with the necessary knowledge and skills to become proficient ground instructors. This course focuses on teaching the theoretical and non-flight aspects of pilot training.
Time & Location
Aug 14, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
About the Event
Course Title: Basic Ground Instructors Course
The Basic Ground Instructors Course is a comprehensive training program aimed at individuals interested in teaching ground-based aviation subjects. The course covers a wide range of topics essential for providing effective ground instruction to student pilots and aviation enthusiasts.
1. Develop a solid understanding of aviation theory, regulations, and procedures relevant to ground instruction.
2. Gain in-depth knowledge of aerodynamics, aircraft systems, flight instruments, navigation, meteorology, and flight planning.
3. Familiarize with aviation regulations and standards set forth by the local aviation authority.
4. Learn effective teaching techniques and strategies for presenting complex aviation topics to students in a clear and engaging manner.
5. Explore human factors and their impact on aviation safety and performance.
6. Understand the role of a ground instructor and their responsibilities in the pilot training process.
The Basic Ground Instructors course includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Introduction to Ground Instruction
- Aerodynamics and Aircraft Principles
- Aircraft Systems and Instruments
- Aviation Regulations and Procedures
- Navigation and Flight Planning
- Meteorology and Weather Factors
- Human Factors in Aviation
- Teaching Methods and Instructional Techniques
- Lesson Planning and Course Development
- Safety and Risk Management in Aviation Instruction
Students will be assessed through various methods, including written exams, practical teaching exercises, and presentations. Successful completion of the course will depend on achieving a satisfactory level of proficiency in each subject area.
Upon successful completion of the Basic Ground Instructors course and passing the required exams, students will be eligible to apply for a Basic Ground Instructors License. This license allows individuals to provide ground instruction in accordance with the regulations set by the local aviation authority.
Basic Ground Instructor Course